Dr. Linda Holcomb is a Family Nurse Practitioner providing primary care for the greater Michiana community. She obtained her Master degree in 2008 from Saint Francis University, Fort Wayne, IN., and became a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner through AANP. Dr. Holcomb returned to school after serving for nearly a decade of coordinating community services and collaborating with local providers, to obtain her doctorate and the skills necessary to disseminate original research into local practice. Her focus was to integrate self-care management with the technologies that everyone uses, making their healthcare and everyday event, not a destination.
Dr. Holcomb developed a Diabetes Self-Management Education program that was delivered by texting patients daily the information they needed to master skills necessary to control their diabetes. Her findings were significant, effectively reducing average daily glucose levels of participants by 40 points. These findings were published in the Journal of Diabetes and Science Technology, and have been presented at several professional conventions.
- Doctorate – Family Nurse Practitioner, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso IN
- Master of Science – Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Saint Francis, Fort Wayne, IN
- Advanced Diabetes Management Certificate – University of Southern Indiana
- Pain Management Certificate – University of Southern Indiana
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner – AANP
Areas of Specialty
- Family Medicine
- Diabetes Management
- Patient Education
- Adult Medicine
- Preventative Care