Dr. Dwight S. Tyndall is a pioneer in the new field of minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) and outpatient spine surgery (OPSS). He passionately believes these two technological advances represent the future of spinal surgery since they provide the best possible patient experience and clinical outcomes. Although Dr. Tyndall is well known for his advanced surgical skills, he strongly believes that non-surgical solutions should be explored first before surgery is prescribed.
Dr. Tyndall shares his research, insights, and experience at numerous physician conferences, sits on the editorial board of SpineUniverse.com, and has published numerous studies and articles. Dr. Tyndall is very passionate about his work and is a leader in motion-sparing surgical spine procedures, spinal surgery instrumentation development and technology. As such, he has worked with many spinal implant companies on the concept and clinical development of novel surgical technologies. The work he has done has advanced the success of minimally invasive spine surgery, providing faster recovery, less pain, and a better experience for the patient.
Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers
Hammond and Dyer, IN
St. Catherine Hospital
East Chicago, IN
Franciscan Physicians Hospital
- Fellowship – The Hospital for Special Surgery at Cornell University, New York, NY
- Residency – Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Internship – New York University Medical Center, New York City, NY
- Medical School – New York University School of Medicine, New York City, NY
- Board Certified
Areas of Specialty
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
- Outpatient Spine Surgery (OPSS)